A simple sauté of broccoli, red capsicum and spring onions in sesame oil flavored with fennel, ginger, chili, lemon and honey. Delicious, spicy, tangy and sweet with fennel taking it one notch higher.
Broccoli has always been my favorite veggie! When most kids were gagging looking at broccoli, I was admiring it’s tree like appearance.
It should actually be given the award for being the best vegetable ever. It has lots of protein and tons of nutrients. By receiving proteins from broccoli you get more fiber and vitamins, with no fat and less calories.
Fennel has this aromatic anise flavor which I absolutely love, and it has lots of health benefits as well! Its seeds has anti-oxidants which help in fighting free radicals in the body. Production of red blood cells is enhanced as fennel contains copper, which is required by the body for it’s production. It is a great detox when you drink it as tea.
This is a simple yet delicious recipe with brightly colored veggies!
Broccoli and Spring Onions with Lemon Fennel Sauce
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||5 mins||15 mins|
Sautéed Broccoli, red capsicum and Spring Onions with a delicious lemon fennel sauce that is sweet and tangy!
Category: Low Carb, Plant Based, Snacks, sauté, Vegan
- 2 heads Broccoli
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Bunch Fennel Leaves
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Mix the lemon, honey and fennel seeds, keep aside for 5 minutes
- Chop up the veggies, ginger and chilies.
- Heat the oil in a pan on high flame, let it heat, then low down to medium. Put the ginger, garlic and whites of the spring onions and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and chilies and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously till the broccoli becomes bright green.
- Add the capsicum, onion greens and fennel leaves, stir around for half a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the already prepared sauce to the veggies and stir around until liquid is absorbed, around 1 minute .
- Transfer to bowl, garnish with fennel leaves and serve hot.