If you’ve never made nut butters at home, you’re missing out! Once you make these real butters you’ll never want to go and get the store bought artificial ones. Here is a recipe for homemade, preservative free nut butters which do not have any added oil or sugar in it! Just the sultry awesomeness of peanuts, almonds and cashews.
Nut butters are generally considered pretty healthy but people often overlook the amount of added sugar and unnecessary oils they are adding to their bodies with the commercially sold products. Nuts are naturally rich in proteins and healthy fats and adding extra oil and sugars to them doesn’t really make sense to me and just takes away from the natural flavor nature has bestowed us with.
These nut butters easily replace cream in sauces, soups and gravy and add a depth and dimension to the flavor and texture of the food. They are absolutely delicious on their own but also make great companions with fruit or some honey on toast, they are luscious and absolutely worth indulgence.
Extremely easy to make and require just the nuts, an oven and a blender. If you don’t have an oven you can also roast them in a pan on low heat without any oil, moving them around till they are golden-brown.
Then all you have to do is let them cool and transfer to a blender and blend them for 4-5 minutes on medium speed scraping off the edges every minute or so.
The oils are starting to bind everything together.
Oh yeah! The sacred spiral.
Your luscious beauty is ready!
I will be using these fabulous nut butters in many of my future recipes as they are extremely healthy and rich in good fats and high in proteins. I’ve been making these since a few months following this recipe. But I’ve found that just roasted nuts work exceptionally well on their own, because they are too glorious already to be added any sugar or oil to. I do add a little Himalayan pink salt to bring out their natural flavors. Okay enough said, go and make this awesomeness.
Homemade Nut Butters
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||15 mins||30 mins|
Homemade nut butters from scratch without any additional sugar or oils.
- 2 cups Peanuts
- 2 cups Almonds
- 2 cups Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt, for each batch
- 2 tbsp honey, for each batch (optional)
- Toast the babies in separate batches in a 175°C (347°F) preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden. If you don’t have an oven you can also roast them in a pan without any oil, moving them around continuously till they are golden-brown.
- Then all you have to do is let them cool and transfer to a blender and blend them for 6-7 minutes on medium speed scraping off the edges every minute or so.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt to every batch of 2 cup nuts. I like using this salt in most of my recipes but you can replace it with rock salt if you want.