An oil free soup which is high is fiber, proteins, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Works as a perfect detox and aids in fat loss if consumed everyday. It’s high is the body building macro so it also helps you get shredded AF!
In 2011, I was desperate to lose all the excess fat. In that desperation I stumbled upon the cabbage soup diet, in which you consume a cabbage soup everyday and cycle between fruits, veggies and skim milk every other day. It was a disaster, I did lose the weight, but I also lost my muscle mass because the diet was low in proteins and important minerals! Through the years of researching and experimenting I came up with this soup which is high is proteins and fiber and low in fat. I consume this almost everyday paired with a healthy diet (I’m done with fad diet trends) and it helps me lose a healthy amount of weight and also supports my lean muscle.
Surprise surprise, this soup becomes creamy and frothy without the addition of any dairy! It’s sweet, tangy and feels like a comfortable and cozy soup and can be easily had everyday. You can decrease the amount of mint leaves if you don’t like them as they have a very strong taste, but they work wonders as a detox ingredient.
You can have this the next day after you eat loads of junk food or during that time of the month if you have a problem with water retention. This works great with bloating and gives you a flatter stomach almost instantly! This doesn’t even taste like a diet soup and can easily pass as a comfy spring soup (Spring is here!!!)
Pea and Spinach Minty Detox Soup
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
An oil free soup which is high is fiber, proteins, magnesium and potassium. Works as a perfect detox and aids in fat loss if consumed everyday.
- 1 Cup whole Dried Peas/ 1 Can Cooked Peas
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Peas
- 2 Spring Garlic
- Bunch Spinach
- 14-16 Mint Leaves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 Lemon
- Soak the peas overnight. Cook the dried peas with the garlic, ginger, cumin and salt in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes after first whistle. If using canned peas drain and wash the peas properly and add 8 cups of veggie stock and bring to boil.
- Let the pressure escape, then open the cooker and put on a low flame.
- Add the fresh peas, mint leaves and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until the veggies are bright green.
- Let it cool, blend together until smooth.
- Reheat the smooth soup or have it cold.
- Put in bowls and add a dash of lemon. Garnish with mint leaves, enjoy!