This is my dad’s recipe and is insanely easy to make. I’m always getting the next batch ready as this lasts for only about a month in my house. This is so much better than the store bought chili sauce as this has absolutely no sugar and still tastes delicious. I used olive oil in this so there are lots of antioxidants and benefits for your hair and skin as well.
Chili Garlic Tomato Chutney
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 min||35 mins||45 mins|
My dad’s recipe of a tomato based chili and garlic chutney, which can be had with anything.
- 3 pods garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 9 medium size tomatoes
- 75 gram whole dried Chili
- 1/3 Cup vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- Roughly crush the chilies and soak in hot water until the seeds sink at the bottom and the chilies have soaked some water.
- Blend the chilies and tomatoes separately and keep aside.
- Mince or roughly blend the garlic and get your deep pan going at medium heat.
- Add the oil and wait for it to warm up.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the blended tomatoes and cook until the oil separates, around 15-20 minutes.
- Add the spices, vinegar and chili at this point and cook while covered for another 4-5 minutes.
- Eat it with anything and everything!